Tuesday, November 27, 2012

MY EXPERIENCE IN A BURIAL GROUND

They could be small nuts in the gigantic machine of the British colonial ruling.They served and remained here in the deep slumber from which they can't wake up again.Yes,we are now talking about dilapidated  tombs of some British people  located at mulakapadu village,nearby Bhadrachalam.

Before independence,Dummagudem was a prominent navigation center where a work shop also established regarding the needs of navigation department.Some British people also lived there.I had first heard this news through some local people.In fact.MulakapaDu is a small village now and adjacent to Dummugudem.There I have found some tribal people are named over Henry and Hastings so on.This is quite new for me as I have been there about 18 years back.

They told me that their ancesters were worked at the white masters at mulakapadu long back.Some of my friends also told me that there are some tombs of  that people in the burial ground which is used for only the British people.Quite surprising,mulakapadu now is a very small village and no foreigner I have seen so far.

I have asked some people to accompany me up to burial grounds .No body showed interest.I have an urge to know the details of that tombs ...how long back they had come to this small village...What their names... so on.At last one friend showed the way to it...That is just like jungle.No fair road is there.Thick bushes sprouted up  all along.

Tombs I found
Mr.Angus alstair Fernandez,An I.C.S.Officer,he died in 1927.

Mrs.Sarah Cain w/o John Cain ...who came India in 1875, died in 1934.

Mrs.Dorothy (details not clear on the rock of tomb)

Ms.Charlotte Henritta,(This tomb cracked to big pieces..her father was inspector general of hospitals as details engrossed,years not seen clearly)

Dicky wilkinson, maybe a months old baby boy as per the details given on the tomb.

Mrs.Clara Wallen, died in 1947.

There are some new burials founded which are of most possibly recent Indian ones.















1 comment:

  1. excellent work and information. i am glad to see this, chala santosham kaligindi. keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete

Your comment means everything for me. Thanks for your visit and comment.All the best.

"Gourahari Das Kathalu " ( A Review in English)

 Translation from Oriya to Telugu has not been new and going on from many decades and Puripanda Appalaswamy, an iconic translator was known ...