Thursday, March 27, 2014

My Haridwar Trip



Haridwar ...not only for it's pilgrim status,I wanted to be there for the reasons unknown.Maybe out of some obsession as an ancient place for human activity.The Dev bhoomi,which is named after for its proximity to Chardham.I started from Delhi by bus.Almost It took three and half hour to reach there.In the wee hours,many people were going to nearby Ganga river  to take a holy dip.No hotel room booking,no prior planning at all.So I know I have to face some odd things enough for my decision.I am used to it in many of my journeys,Travelling like a vagabond without preparation is also one of my likes.We can experience real India in the sort of it.Learnt  enjoying my difficulties in such a way.



Taking showers is impossible for me without having toilet business first.So went to a public toilet ..there was only one for all that pilgrims who came by buses , trucks and other vehicles.The queue seemed like a Hanuman's tail.My God...when would I get my turn..!But no way...what to do..?



That's one of the most dreadful place I ever got in my life.No body cares queue.some people came late and took away tumblers forcibly to get their work fast.Here in the Dev bhoomi also no one cares no one.No calmness.No peace only Dandaagiri.



Almost all vehicles which carried people have loud speakers.Sky is their limit in the matter of volume.I am sure the heart patients would reach Lord Shiva without much effort because of that sound pollution.To my surprise, I came to know that majority of the people finished their toilet business just beside the shops,buses and nearby the vehicle stand location.

The filthy smell and the nasty scene looked like something which has no comparison on this earth.When our people learn how to respect a holy place...is this the way a most renowned place to maintain...?

8 comments:

  1. Very miserable state-of-affairs ! Many-a-times, I and my husband have wished to visit certain historical or holy spots in the northern side of the country but things as these always dissuaded our plans. Perhaps, only a few places remain clean... Problem is we have a huge population; so civic sense (though extremely important) is only secondary. I think main reason is government apathy towards building adequate infrastructure, monitoring systems and facilities, especially for elderly people !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right aamjunta...even political parties do not care having it in to their manifestos to implement..! Thanks a lot for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This lack of toilets at many of our tourist destinations spoils their chances of being visited.
    Wish govt. took it up on priority basis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aah..sorry for an unpleasant visit! A Holy place should be a place of respect..

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, you have went to as very pious place and that would be one of your most memorable moment in the life as I can understand.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment means everything for me. Thanks for your visit and comment.All the best.

"Gourahari Das Kathalu " ( A Review in English)

 Translation from Oriya to Telugu has not been new and going on from many decades and Puripanda Appalaswamy, an iconic translator was known ...