Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My first visit to Chennai


Here, I want to share a bunch of joyful and thrilling moments in my life.In 90's,I was very much of enthusiasm about roaming across India.Then I was unmarried and blessed with a  lot of free time.So I wanted to take a challenge for myself that I should travel in India all alone.This desire grew in  me after I met a  Swiss gentleman Mr.Markus Zeller who traveled all along from Switzerland to my home town,Bhadrachalam.I will write that in detail  later in a separate post.

What state should I start with..?In fact,I never go out of my home state till then.Anyhow,I determined to start with Tamil nadu.There was a reason for that..I was usually buying "kalkandu"Tamil weekly in those days.Be not mistaken me that  I am proficient in Tamil.I was  just trying to learn Tamil through self-taught method.This affection on Tamil happend after reading Tirukkural translations in Telugu.I presented my speech for  15 minutes on Tiruvalluvar in All India Radio also.I am very fond of Kural couplets even till now. 

I have written a letter to Mr.Lena Tamil vanan,the editor of kalkandu magazine in this connection.To my surprise,he responded me very quickly that I was welcome to his office too..!My happiness found no boundaries.I started my journey with flying colours.Caught charminar express at khammam at around 11 p.m. in the night.

I reached chennai (then madras) and visited  many places.Mr.Lena Tamil vanan presented me his published book with his own signature.Here the pics of it. I found no problem in Tamilnadu and felt more than my home.I discuss it in my next post.







2 comments:

Your comment means everything for me. Thanks for your visit and comment.All the best.

"Gourahari Das Kathalu " ( A Review in English)

 Translation from Oriya to Telugu has not been new and going on from many decades and Puripanda Appalaswamy, an iconic translator was known ...