Monday, May 27, 2013

My Bhubaneswar Trip-Raja Rani temple SERIES

I visited Bhubaneswar recently,in fact an impulsive one to say! This made me to see some great temples and other places.I will keep placing some beautiful pictures and my short account of experiences from this day.First ,starting with Raja Rani temple.Really this is one of the few unique places I have ever seen in my life.There is some Mysticism with this architectural wonder.



With all those exotic sculptures on these walls and redsand construction grandeur, Interestingly we find no any of Deity's image.Totally deserted calmness inside  the Temple.As historians opined it belonged to 11th century.Why is it named after Raja rani temple..instead of  Iswara temple.Somebody said The Kings and Queens were used to visit this place for refreshment.If it is right,why some queer pictures like 'Nagas' having "skulls" on their upper part depicted on the walls? In my opinion This belonged to Tantric or Sakta tradition.

Truly speaking, I went through a feeling of  Trance when I entered the sanctum.What a coolness inside even it was 42 degrees summer-day in Bhubaneswar.




20 comments:

  1. Wow! The sculptures are just breath taking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks & Welcome to my blog Bhavya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots, thanks for showing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eagerly looking forward to seeing the next one also in the series Murty garu.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shots of the beautiful temple. I recently posted on this temple on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. homely feeling... nice post

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have been to this temple, and I know that feeling of trance, lovely pics

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am always fascinated by Orissa Temples architecture. Sun Temple is just awesome. No words to describe. Raja Rani temple looks equally good. I like your pictures, and the way you have clicked them keeping in mind to get hold of the beautiful architecture.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment means everything for me. Thanks for your visit and comment.All the best.

"Gourahari Das Kathalu " ( A Review in English)

 Translation from Oriya to Telugu has not been new and going on from many decades and Puripanda Appalaswamy, an iconic translator was known ...