The Serpents' inter winding pictures are mostly seen in Saiva traditions from time immemorial in India.The Greek mythological symbol 'Caduceus' has also similarities with it..but with only one serpent depiction.Nowadays the latter is used as a medical symbol with slight changes made.The Serpent is considered to be the power of Kundalini in Indian Mysticism.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Gourahari Das Kathalu " ( A Review in English)
Translation from Oriya to Telugu has not been new and going on from many decades and Puripanda Appalaswamy, an iconic translator was known ...
-
This photograph has been taken while I was going on a road.In fact,it's a common sight in rural side of Telugu speaking states of b...
-
The more I grow in exploring my country...the more I come to know that the land of ultimate paradox it is.It looks different outwardly......
-
A sunset scene over a green sprawled field..! It got my Attention when I was in a moving vehicle..!

Nice pic.The power of a serpentine is like that
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot!
ReplyDelete