Thursday, December 27, 2012

Cains' photo Found

I have already  written a post on the topic of British people burials at Mulakapadu village on 27 Nov,2012. I happen to meet some senior  citizens in this connection to acquire their photos.Even whatever older they  are..which could bring some excellent support to the write-up.But my efforts gone in futile.

         To all  of my surprise , one of my friends Malyasri informed me on 25 of this month to come to his house to receive the photograph of  Cains couple.As per the information of Mrs.Sara cain on the tomb,she  came to India in 1875 and buried in 1934.So the photograph must be of above 78 years older.



He told me that he got it from a person when he was doing his job as  a village extension officer nearby mulakapadu. He also informed me that she was a very good  teacher and taught lace work to the local people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment means everything for me. Thanks for your visit and comment.All the best.

"Gourahari Das Kathalu " ( A Review in English)

 Translation from Oriya to Telugu has not been new and going on from many decades and Puripanda Appalaswamy, an iconic translator was known ...